Thursday, November 24, 2011

Made it home from sbl

8
Made it home from SBL and San Francisco yesterday. Had some teaching today - supervisions which may have been a bit ragged around the edges (no lectures though fortunately). One of the (many) highlights of the trip was a visit (by bike) to the Muir Woods, an old-growth forest of Coastal Redwoods. I also heard (and gave) some presentations, ate some food, got some exercise, talked with some friends, bought some books and had a couple of misadventures. And thanks to a crowded flight and an unexpected upgrade I had quite a comfortable flight back to Heathrow.

8 comments

  1. What a small world! You tapped me on the shoulder before Chuck Hill read his paper on the four gospel canon. I couldn't figure out why I recognized your name. Turns out I've seen it here. I've been reading ETC for years, but now I can put a face to one of the contributors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to meet you Clay. You are obviously a scholar of distinction if you read our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course there may be a reason you did not recognise me. This picture:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiriting message, Peter... especially the more than 1,000,000 visits/hits. Cheers to another 1,000,000!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have taken some photos of the presentors and some participants (except the time when I also presented my paper) in the NT TC program unit of the recent SBL annual meeting in SF. But I am not sure where to post it. At any rate, just let me know if you are interested. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Edgar,

    thanks for the reminder. I hope you remember that I told you I will create a folder to which you can upload the photos. Then we will publish the link on this blog!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got your invitation now, Tommy. Will try to upload pics now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good, I can see it is working!

    ReplyDelete